ASSET MANAGEMENT FOR E&P SPECIALISTS
An intensive course for E&P Specialists
This advanced course has the following objectives. It will:
- Improve cross-disciplinary understanding of all aspects of oil and gas exploration and production, and improve the effectiveness of integrated, multi-disciplinary, team work
- Demonstrate the value of integrating the technical and commercial disciplines involved in upstream asset management
- Elucidate key business drivers and decision making processes needed for value creation and delivery
- Emphasise the external requirements and stakeholder expectations
- Emphasise the role of HSE, in particular process integrity, for asset operators, regulators and stakeholders
The course will include the following themes:
Asset Lifecycle Framework
Industry Overview - supply & demand; Asset Stakeholders: IOCs, NOCs, NGOs; Regulating authorities and public perception; Upstream / downstream integration; Gas contracts, markets & pricing; Oil markets & pricing; Unconventional oil and gas; Carbon capture & storage; Asset management strategies for a portfolio of assets; Risk and uncertainties in asset management; Risk mitigation strategies; Budgeting oil and gas projects; Managing cashflow; Financing options.
Managing New Developments
Exploration Strategies; Regional assessment; Play concepts; Reservoir characterisation; Seismic interpretation; Locate the remaining appraisal wells; Resource definitions; Appraisal plan; Production data; Production profiles; Process choices; Facilities options; Schedule to first gas; Greenhouse / EIA issues; Approval processes and requirements; Petroleum economic indicators and capital efficiency.
Managing Producing Assets
The Depletion Plan; The static reservoir; Remaining oil potential; The dynamic reservoir; Predicting fluid behaviour; Forecasting decline; Fluid processing; Facilities integrity & HSE; Well integrity & HSE; Late field opportunities; Benchmarking performance; Petroleum economics of incremental projects.
The programme will be lead by E&P Specialists with many years’ practical experience in an international oil company environment and extensive experience of delivering this type of training.
In-house company programme £65,000
Open programme £3,500 per delegate