Date posted 10.10.2016
Ref number 352099
|Location||Bahrain - Manama|
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Minimum Experience||2 - 5 years|
|Minimum Education Level||Bachelors Degree|
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration (minimum requirement) or pertinent field of study such as Accounting, Finance or Marketing.
- 2 years’ experience in administration (minimum requirement) with preferable knowledge and experience in procurement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- Autonomous requiring little supervision; analytical; ability to develop and analyze information for studies and reports.
- Ability to extract, compile, and analyze non-technical and semi-technical data for complex reports.
- Demonstrated knowledge of administrative functions.
- Ability to monitor and control department overhead budgets and financial reports.
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE PROFICIENCY
- Computer literate with advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite 2010/2013 (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher & Outlook) with significant emphasis on MS Excel for creating spreadsheets with advanced formulas, automation (macros), data imports and linking, data modeling with linked tables, relationships and queries and presentation of data through the usage of varied charts and pivot tables).
- Knowledge of Visio; Adobe Acrobat, MS Project and preferably intermediate knowledge of relational data bases (i.e., MS Access/SQL) and Visual Basic.
- Knowledgeable with working in Network environments such as local file and print servers and shared drives including ability to locate and map Network printers.
- Intermediate knowledge of Electronic Document Management Systems, preferably Aconex.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in SharePoint web technologies.
- Knowledge of file sharing tools such as Microsoft OneDrive.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Ability to work effectively with others, both individually and as part of a team.
Experienced in budgeting and preparation of work plans and report writing.
Strong organizational, coordination, presentation and problem solving skills.
Working knowledge of automation systems used in area of responsibility.
Experienced and demonstrated skills in conducting research, investigating alternative solutions and outlining action to be performed.
Skilled in the preparation and presentation of oral and written reports.
Experience in regulatory record keeping requirements
ESSENTIAL COMPANY REQUIREMENTS:
Ethics: Commitment to the Project’s ethical standards.
Quality: Commitment to the Project’s quality standard.
ES&H: Commitment to the Project’s Zero Incident philosophy through active engagement of ES&H Leadership.
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.
The essential job duties consist of, but are not limited to the following:
- With a comprehensive understanding of Bechtel’s organizational structure, functions, and procedures, screens all phone calls and visitors; completes some business independently, refers some to other staff, forwards the most important to the manager, and follows up to ensure action. Acts as a liaison between manager and senior management and staff in coordinating internal Bechtel business affairs.
- With an understanding of Bechtel’s organizational structure, goals, and priorities and of the manager’s commitments, composes and distributes complex correspondence using standard word processing systems. Keeps abreast of key issues, commitments and priorities of the manager. Often researches information and compiles summary reports. Reviews for accuracy and format documents that require the manager’s signature.
- Reviews and distributes incoming hard copy and electronic mail. Responds independently to mail not requiring the manager’s attention and forwards some to department heads and follows up to ensure action.
- Independently schedules and reschedules appointments on the basis of the manager’s commitments and priorities. Schedules meetings and coordinates materials.
- Coordinates Procurement team vacation schedules, including details of area cover. Prepares itineraries and expense reports when required.
- Determines action on important or emergency matters or knows the person to contact in the manager’s absence. Maintains file of important matters for the manager’s attention upon return.
- Coordinates special activities and programs.
- Assembles, compiles and files key procurement documentation and maintains the procurement electronic documentation in Aconex (i.e., electronic document management system).
- Writes and distributes communications as directed by the Procurement manager and or deputy and team.
- Updates key information on the project web portal using SharePoint technology.
- Compiles monthly and weekly reports within the Procurement function.
- Assists the Procurement manager and or deputy in meetings, writes and distributes agendas and minutes and follows up on resultant action items.
- May administer highly sensitive and confidential matters.
- Prepares and provides input to daily work planning, training, and/or employee evaluation for assigned personnel.
- Prepares reports and studies of an analytical nature, such as organization planning and workload forecasts.
- Routes key documents for signatures, expedites and follows-up through completion (obtain all signatures within schedule).
- Organizes material for meetings, presentations, and training sessions. May operate a variety of audiovisual equipment in the presentation of programs, orientation, and conferences.
- Participates in the development of presentations.
- Maintains the manager’s and team’s agenda (i.e., calendar).
- Performs other assignments as required using applicable automation systems/software.
|Salary and Allowance|
PLEASE SELECT TYPE OF JOB APPLICATION
Basic positions in the applicants list for ALL applicationsAPPLY
HIGH PRIORITY APPLICATION
TOP positions in the applicants list for ALL applications
CV delivery directly to employers' email
Highlighted profile with the badge RecommendedAPPLY WITH HIGH PRIORITY
This vacancy was marked by employer as "Verified Applications Only"
In order to Apply for the vacancies with the status "Verified Applications Only" your Profile should be verified by one of our agents.
Profile verification available only for the Premium account holdersUPGRADE TO PREMIUM