Date posted 14.10.2016
Ref number 355228
|Location||Bahrain - Manama|
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Minimum Experience||Not Specified|
|Minimum Education Level||Bachelors Degree|
|xtensive knowledge and experience in Cast House facility configurations, technologies, design of VDC and material/equipment selection.
Knowledge of systems, calculations, equipment, applications of methods, plant layout, materials, and computers for preparation of analyses and development of project deliverables within the discipline.
Knowledge and understanding of technical and cost issues related to selection of design features within the discipline.
Knowledge of engineering work planning and control methods.
Knowledge of precedents in the discipline and of principles and practices of related disciplines.
Knowledge of related construction practices and the economics involved.
Broad knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards, and design criteria pertinent to the particular discipline.
Good knowledge of Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs), Bechtel design guides, appropriate Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAPs) and administrative practices.
The above is normally acquired through:
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, from an accredited college or university, OR
- A professional license in an appropriate engineering or scientific discipline, from a recognized licensing board, OR
- Specialized courses in relevant general engineering, design or science or an appropriate engineering discipline, AND
- Broad progressive work experience in design engineering, science or other relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants, or engineering/construction firms.
ESSENTIAL COMPANY REQUIREMENTS:
Ethics: Commitment to the Project’s ethical standards as demonstrated by success on prior projects.
Quality: Commitment to the Project’s quality standard as demonstrated by prior Supervisors’ evaluations of work performance.
ES&H: Demonstrated commitment to the Project’s Zero Incident philosophy by prior active engagement and demonstration of ES&H Leadership.
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.
The Cast House Mechanical Engineer is responsible for providing technical support and expert advice to the Cast House Specialist, EGS, Project Engineering Manager and the Casthouse Area Manager on all aspects of Cast House design, technology transfer, material & equipment selection and installation. You will liaise with the Projects technology supplier(s), vendors and contractors.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Plans, develops, coordinates and reviews engineering work within a discipline on projects of medium size and complexity or assignments in support of a global business unit.
2. Coordinates and interfaces as directed with the day-to-day technical work of discipline engineers, scientists, specialists, designers and drafters.
3. Communicates complex technical issues and recommends solutions to upper management.
4. Facilitates technical discussions with third parties (client, suppliers, regulators).
5. Prepares or oversees the preparation of discipline estimates and work plan in accordance with project scope, schedule and budget, and manages implementation and performance accordingly.
6. Develops Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs), Bechtel design guides, appropriate Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAPs) and administrative practices.
7. Coordinates with client representatives as delegated to obtain approval on phases of work.
8. Reviews and approves key engineering drawings and calculations and bid summaries.
9. Coordinates assigned engineering work with other project groups.
10. Mentors engineers, scientists, designers and drafters by providing appropriate on-the-job training for their professional development.
11. Promotes the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
|Salary and Allowance|
PLEASE SELECT TYPE OF JOB APPLICATION
Basic positions in the applicants list for ALL applicationsAPPLY
HIGH PRIORITY APPLICATION
TOP positions in the applicants list for ALL applications
CV delivery directly to employers' email
Highlighted profile with the badge RecommendedAPPLY WITH HIGH PRIORITY
This vacancy was marked by employer as "Verified Applications Only"
In order to Apply for the vacancies with the status "Verified Applications Only" your Profile should be verified by one of our agents.
Profile verification available only for the Premium account holdersUPGRADE TO PREMIUM