Buildings Contract Supervisor
Date posted 13.10.2016
Ref number 354686
|Location||Bahrain - Manama|
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Minimum Experience||10 - 15 years|
|Minimum Education Level||Bachelors Degree|
|- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant technical discipline from an accredited university as well as a minimum of nine years relevant work experience, or 15 years relevant experience in the absence of a degree.
- Knowledge of EPCM contract Management, and the Contractor(s) and their subcontractor’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge of construction technologies.
- Knowledge of supervisory functions relating to field activities.
- Familiarity with current industry quality standards.
- Demonstrated commitment to Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H). Demonstrable commitment to a Zero Accident safety program.
Extensive experience in construction on large projects.
ESSENTIAL COMPANY REQUIREMENTS:
Ethics: Commitment to the Project’s ethical standards as demonstrated by success on prior projects.
Quality: Commitment to the Project’s quality standard as demonstrated by prior Supervisors’ evaluations of work performance.
ES&H: Demonstrated commitment to the Project’s Zero Incident philosophy by prior active engagement and demonstration of ES&H Leadership.
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.
Manages site contractor operations for architectural and non-process buildings to ensure the effective administration of (sub)contracts. Responsible for implementation of Bechtel Standard Work Process Procedures and automated (sub)contract management systems.
Also responsible for supervising and directing operations within the contract scope, including: assessing and certifying claims for payment, extensions of time and variations to the contract, confirming the builder's compliance with the requirements of the building contract and for answering queries in relation to contract matters or other matters related to the construction. Supervises and directs contractors, subordinate supervisors and others, as assigned. Ensures assigned construction operations and contractors performance are in compliance with specifications and within schedules and budgets.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provide leadership for safety, accident and fire prevention on the project. This includes safety orientation, preparation of safety procedures and leading Bechtel and subcontractor safety meetings.
- Inspect site for unsafe conditions and practices and take appropriate corrective action to correct breaches.
- Coordinate safety training and enforce safe work practices at all times in conjunction with the Environmental Safety and Health Supervisor.
- Assure all rigging is done in a safe manner.
- Champion the cause of ZERO Accident Philosophy.
- Ensure that Bechtel and local/national safety codes, requirements and standards are being complied with within assigned area of responsibility.
- Responsible for supervising and directing contractor(s) in an Engineering Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) supervisor capacity.
- Ensure the most current design document is provided to subcontractor to complete work, and that all design changes are approved prior to implementation.
- Monitor the activities of subcontractors to ensure compliance with specifications and schedules.
- Responsible for the cost, schedule and optimization of craft labor and maintaining the four week look ahead schedule for labor and equipment.
- Approve subcontractor workforce requirements and review work accomplished by each craft.
- Review subcontractor craft time records using established automated tools.
- Review and approve major subcontractor equipment mobilization and demobilization.
- Responsible for implementing corporate project policies, procedures and instructions.
- Coordinate established area operational plans.
- Lead the review and approval of the four week schedule and budget control with assistance from Project Controls.
- Provide input to quantity tracking application and report weekly installed quantities to Project Controls.
- Review and approve contractor forecasts, including summary of construction progress, craft personnel forecasts, and expenditures forecasts.
- Review and approve the manpower and equipment required to execute the job.
- Perform other duties as required by Bechtel management.
|Salary and Allowance|
PLEASE SELECT TYPE OF JOB APPLICATION
Basic positions in the applicants list for ALL applicationsAPPLY
HIGH PRIORITY APPLICATION
TOP positions in the applicants list for ALL applications
CV delivery directly to employers' email
Highlighted profile with the badge RecommendedAPPLY WITH HIGH PRIORITY
This vacancy was marked by employer as "Verified Applications Only"
In order to Apply for the vacancies with the status "Verified Applications Only" your Profile should be verified by one of our agents.
Profile verification available only for the Premium account holdersUPGRADE TO PREMIUM