Port Coastal Engineer
Date posted 13.10.2016
Ref number 353398
|Location||Saudi Arabia - Jubail|
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Career Level||Mid Level|
|Minimum Experience||Not Specified|
|Minimum Education Level||Bachelors Degree|
|- BS Degree in Civil/Marine/Hydraulic Engineering
- Professional Engineer registration is required
- Demonstrable general civil/marine/coastal engineering experience with experience in port developments, bulk material terminals, quay and berths and coastal and hydraulic engineering works
- Should have proved experience in marine structures and sea defenses, offshore piling, moorings for shipping, related marine and land based soil investigations, conducting surveys and feasibility studies.
- Very good communication skill both written and oral are essential.
- Knowledge of computer software applications such as Finite Element Analysis Package, Vessel Mooring Analysis, etc. is desirable.
- Participate in and provides input to the front end engineering and design process.
- Design and review port developments, bulk material terminals, quay and berths, marine structures and sea defenses, offshore piling, mooring, ensuring compliance with all applicable codes.
- Design and reviewing coastal and rivers erosion and flooding solutions, including full calculations.
- Undertake various tasks including contributing to the production of surveys, reports, studies and construction schemes within the field of port extensions and coastal engineering.
- Participate in and provide input to the bidding and operation process.
- Prepare detailed requisitions for equipment and materials.
- Schedule and lead meetings as necessary to keep track of progress on projects.
- Review contractor technical submittals, quality control program, start-up plans and schedules.
- Coordinate with chief discipline engineers/port/government agencies.
- Coordinate with Contract Supervisors to assure that required technical submittals are obtained from contractor.
- Supervise quantity take-off as required to monitor and control work, monitor contractor inspection program and ensure testing is performed.
- Playing a leading role within the Team and Consultants.
- Managing own time.
- Other related duties as instructed by Management.
- Willingness to travel or relocate to supplier, client or construction site locations is expected.
|Salary and Allowance|
PLEASE SELECT TYPE OF JOB APPLICATION
Basic positions in the applicants list for ALL applicationsAPPLY
HIGH PRIORITY APPLICATION
TOP positions in the applicants list for ALL applications
CV delivery directly to employers' email
Highlighted profile with the badge RecommendedAPPLY WITH HIGH PRIORITY
This vacancy was marked by employer as "Verified Applications Only"
In order to Apply for the vacancies with the status "Verified Applications Only" your Profile should be verified by one of our agents.
Profile verification available only for the Premium account holdersUPGRADE TO PREMIUM